- Advocacy & Legislation
- About CRCC
- CRCC News
- CRC/CCRC Code of Ethics
- Resources & Links
|About CRC Certification|
|CRC Career Center|
|Locate a CRC/CCRC or Confirm Certification Status|
|My CRC/CCRC Profile|
Stay InformedCRCC Newsletters,
Press Releases & Updates
CRC/CCRC Continuing Education (CE)
To maintain certification, CRCs and CCRCs must renew their certification every 5 years via continuing education or, for CRCs only, also via re-examination.
The continuing education requirement mandates that 100 hours of continuing education – including a minimum of 10 hours in Ethics - must be completed within the current five-year period. Professional development is NOT a requirement but an option. For CE hours in Professional Development, CRCs/CCRCs may submit a maximum of 50 hours out of the required 100 hours. CRCs/CCRCs must also:
- Complete the renewal application received four months prior to the valid-through date on their certificate.
- Provide documentation indicating completion of 100 clock hours of approved CE (CEUs), of which 10 must be in Ethics.
- Ensure all CE activities for certification renewal fall within designated Focus Areas outlined in the CRC/CCRC Criteria for Certification Renewal and Continuing Education Manual.
- Send completed renewal application, continuing education documentation, and non-refundable fees to CRCC.
- Include customer number and certification held on ALL correspondence.
Please refer to specific information regarding CE criteria, documentation, and submission as detailed in CRC/CCRC Criteria for Certification Renewal and Continuing Education.
- Completion dates of CE hours (CEUs) submitted for the current renewal cycle MUST fall within certificant's current five-year period.
- It is highly recommended that certificants submit continuing education hours as they are completed.
- CRCC reviews and qualifies all CRC/CCRC continuing education submissions for approval and accumulation towards certification renewal.
CRC/CCRC Pre-Approved Continuing EducationPre-approved CE programs have been reviewed and approved by CRCC as qualifying for CE credit in advance. As such, pre-approved CE programs require less paperwork for submission and require no submission fees. It is incumbent upon each CRC/CCRC to verify that CE programs have been pre-approved by CRCC.
CRC/CCRC Post-Approval of Continuing Education
CRCC will also approve continuing education activities for CRCs/CCRCs on a post-attendance basis. Such post-approval programs require an additional form and processing fee. To secure CRCC approval after a program has been completed, or post-approval CE, the following application along with documentation of the activity and a $15 fee per program must be submitted to CRCC for review.
View or Print CRC/CCRC Post-Approval CE Application
For organizations interested in providing continuing education programs, go to CE Providers Page.
CRC/CCRC Continuing Education Guide
CRC/CCRC Continuing Education, A Guide To Meeting Your Requirements is a helpful, "at-a-glance" checklist that highlights the types of programs and activities that qualify for CRC/CCRC CE credit as well as the corresponding number of CE hours. It also provides money-saving tips to help proactively manage and minimize continuing education costs. CRCs/CCRCs are encouraged to use the Guide both for planning their CE programs and to check for completed activities that may already qualify for CE credits.
CRC/CCRC Home Study CE Programs
CRCC offers two Home Study programs via this website for pre-approved continuing education credit. CRCs/CCRCs may earn up to 10 clock hours in Ethics by successfully completing Home Study I and Home Study II – all in the convenience of their home or office.
Go to CRC/CCRC Home Study Programs
CRC/CCRC List of CE Providers with Pre-Approved CE Programs
CRC/CCRC Continuing Education (CE) Providers with Pre-Approved Programs is a list of providers that offer one or more programs that have been reviewed and approved by CRCC as qualifying for CRC/CCRC CE credit. The list is provided in Excel format so it may be easily sorted by provider, method of instruction, etc. The list also includes provider contact information - phone number and/or website URL.
Please note that providers on this list may also offer programs that are NOT pre-approved for CRC/CCRC CE credit, but may qualify on a post-approval basis. Submission for post-approval CE requires an additional form as well as a processing fee (see above). CRCs/CCRCs should contact providers directly for program details and to verify pre-approval status.