- Advocacy & Legislation
- About CRCC
- CRCC News
- CRC/CCRC Code of Ethics
- Resources & Links
|About CRC Certification|
|CRC Career Center|
|Locate a CRC/CCRC or Confirm Certification Status|
|My CRC/CCRC Profile|
Stay InformedCRCC Newsletters,
Press Releases & Updates
CRC Exam Preparation
CRC Interactive Practice TestOffered by CRCC and hosted by Prometric, the CRC Interactive Practice Test is a 50-item Practice Test designed to assist candidates as they prepare to take the Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) Exam.
The CRC Interactive Practice Test:
- is taken online in the comfort of your own home or office;
- contains one set of 50 items representative of content on a live CRC Exam;
- allows a 48-hour window to take and retake the test;
- provides correct answers, rationale, and related references for each of the 50 items;
- may be taken in 2 different modes - Test Mode and Study Mode - both within the 48-hour window; and
- May be purchased for $39.99 at http://ibt.prometric.com/CRCC.
Practice Test Content
The 50 items of the CRC Interactive Practice Test have been retired from previous live CRC Exams and specifically selected to be reasonably representative of the content and statistical properties of a live CRC Exam. While the items within the Practice Test may address a specific theory or specific disability, they are, by no means, the only theories/disabilities covered in a live CRC Exam.
Practice Test items span all 10 domains or content areas covered in the live CRC Exam:
- Assessment, Appraisal, and Vocational Evaluation
- Job Development, Job Placement, and Career and Lifestyle Development
- Vocational Consultation and Services for Employers
- Case Management, Professional Roles and Practices, and Utilization of Community Resources
- Foundations of Counseling, Professional Orientation and Ethical Practice, Theories, Social and Cultural Issues, and Human Growth and Development
- Group and Family Counseling
- Mental Health Counseling
- Medical, Functional, and Psychosocial Aspects of Disabilities
- Disability Management
- Research, Program Evaluation, and Evidence-Based Practice
Practice Test Modes
The CRC Interactive Practice Test may be taken in 2 modes – Test Mode and Study Mode. Both modes may be accessed during the 48-hour window.
Upon answering each question, the next question will automatically appear, thus providing an accurate simulation of a live exam. Immediate feedback may also be accessed on each question by clicking the “Show Answer” button before proceeding to the next item.
Upon answering each question, information will automatically appear as to whether the answer is correct or incorrect along with a statement that explains the rationale behind the correct answer. A list of references is also provided for further study on the general content area of the specific question. Once the Practice Test is completed, a summary report then indicates the number of questions answered correctly. A pass or fail status is not provided.
Practice Test Scoring
The live CRC Exam is scored using a conjunctive scoring model whereby the exam is divided into two sections - counseling and rehabilitation/disability. Similarly, the CRC Interactive Practice Test includes items on both counseling and rehabilitation/disability issues. For more detailed information about the CRC Exam, see the CRC Certification Guide. The Practice Test will not provide a pass or fail status but will provide the number of items answered correctly in both the counseling and rehabilitation/disability sections in comparison to the total number of items in each section.
To purchase ($39.99) and access the CRC Interactive Practice Test, go to http://ibt.prometric.com/CRCC OR simply click on the CRC Interactive Practice Test Icon above.
Note: Be sure to purchase the CRC Interactive Practice Test when you are ready to actually take the test as your 48-hour window begins immediately upon purchase.PLEASE NOTE: CRCC does not endorse or recommend other study guides or CRC Exam preparation materials that may be available on the market, as we have not been involved in their development and therefore cannot attest to the accuracy or comprehensive nature of the content contained in those materials.
CRC Certification Guide
Sections 10 and 12 of the CRC Certification Guide include additional, important information about the live CRC Exam including:
- detailed CRC Exam Content;
- CRC Exam Sample Questions; and
- a CRC Exam Reading List of over 60 sources for additional consideration.