- Advocacy & Legislation
- About CRCC
- CRCC Media Center
- CRC/CCRC Code of Ethics
- Resources & Links
|CRCC Online Portal|
|About CRC Certification|
|CRC Career Center|
|Locate a Certified Professional|
|Confirm Certification Status|
Stay InformedCRCC Newsletters,
Press Releases & Updates
CVE/CWA/CCAA Certification Benefits
Certification as a CVE, CWA, and/or CCAA aids in the assurance that individuals meet nationally accepted standards of quality in their practice and have the requisite educational and professional background. Through renewing their certification at 5 year intervals with a minimum of 80 hours in approved continuing education, CVEs, CWAs, CCAAs demonstrate their continued professional development and adherence to current best practices.
Important advantages of CVE/CWA/CCAA certification are:
For the consumer, certification:
- Promotes consumer protection;
- Provides a standard level of competency vocational assessment professionals should provide; and
- Assures professionals are maintaining their knowledge-base and skills.
For the CVE/CWA/CCAA, certification:
- Establishes a professional identity;
- Establishes a minimum level of knowledge and a continuous upgrading of skills; and
- Promulgates a code of ethical practice.
For employers, certification:
- Demonstrates that certified individuals meet acceptable national standards; and
- Establishes a standard level of competency for employee hiring and evaluation.
Major distinctions of CVE/CWA/CCAA certification are:
- Competency Standards - A passing score on the initial certification exam ensures that CVEs, CWAs, CCAAs have met nationally-accepted, key competency standards based on current practices in the field.
- CVE/CWA/CCAA Code of Ethics - CVEs, CWAs, CCAAs are required to adhere to their respective Code of Professional Ethics, as administered by the CRCC Ethics Committee.
- Skill Development - CRCC requires that individuals renew their certification every five years by documenting the accrual of at least 80 clock hours of continuing education.
- Current Practices - The CRCC is committed to the continuous improvement and updating of best practices which forms the foundation of approved continuing education programs.
- Written Policies - The CRCC has clearly stated policies and procedures regarding all aspects of its certification renewal process as outlined in CVE/CWA/CCAA Criteria for Certification Renewal and Continuing Education manual.