- Advocacy & Legislation
- About CRCC
- CRCC News
- CRC/CCRC Code of Ethics
- Resources & Links
|About CRC Certification|
|CRC Career Center|
|Locate a CRC/CCRC or Confirm Certification Status|
|My CRC/CCRC Profile|
Stay InformedCRCC Newsletters,
Press Releases & Updates
CVE/CWA/CCAA Continuing Education
To maintain certification, CVEs, CWAs, and CCAAs must renew their certification every 5 years via continuing education (CE).
The continuing education requirement mandates that 80 hours of continuing education must be completed within the current five-year period. Certified individuals must:
- Complete the renewal application received approximately four months prior to the valid-through date on their certificate.
- Provide documentation indicating completion of 80 clock hours of approved CE.
- Ensure all CE activities for certification renewal fall within designated Focus Areas outlined in the CVE/CWA/CCAA Criteria for Certification Renewal and Continuing Education manual.
- Send completed renewal application, continuing education documentation, and non-refundable fees to CRCC.
- Include customer number and certification held on ALL correspondence.
Please refer to specific information regarding CE criteria, documentation, and submission as detailed in the CVE/CWA/CCAA Criteria for Certification Renewal and Continuing Education.
View or Print CVE/CWA/CCAA Criteria for Certification Renewal and Continuing Education manual
- Completion dates of CE hours submitted for the current renewal cycle MUST fall within certificant's current five-year period.
- It is highly recommended that individuals submit continuing education hours as they are completed.
- CRCC reviews and qualifies all CVE/CWA/CCAA continuing education submissions for approval and accumulation towards certification renewal.
CVE/CWA/CCAA Continuing Education Guide
CVE/CWA/CCAA Continuing Education, A Guide To Meeting Your Requirements is a helpful, "at-a-glance" checklist that highlights the types of programs and activities that qualify for CVE/CWA/CCAA CE credit as well as the corresponding number of CE hours. It also provides money-saving tips to help proactively manage and minimize continuing education costs. CVEs/CWAs/CCAAs are encouraged to use the Guide both for planning their CE programs and to check for completed activities that may already qualify for CE credits.
CVE/CWA/CCAA Pre-Approved Continuing Education
CRCC has a process whereby CE providers may obtain pre-approval from CRCC of their training program(s). Such pre-approved CE programs save time and money as they require less paperwork and no submission fee.
CVE/CWA/CCAA Continuing Education (CE) Providers with Pre-Approved Programs is a list of providers that offer one or more programs that have been reviewed and approved by CRCC as qualifying for CVE/CWA/CCAA CE credit. The list is provided in Excel format so it may be easily sorted by provider, method of instruction, etc. The list also includes provider contact information - phone number and/or website URL.
Please note that providers on this list may also offer programs that are NOT pre-approved for CVE/CWA/CCAA CE credit, but may qualify on a post-approval basis (see below). Submission for post-approval CE requires an additional form as well as a processing fee. CVEs/CWAs/CCAAs should contact providers directly for program details and to verify pre-approval status for their designation.
CVE/CWA/CCAA Post-Approval of Continuing Education
CRCC will also approve continuing education activities for CVEs/CWAs/CCAAs on a post-attendance basis. Such post-approval programs require an additional form and processing fee. To secure CRCC approval after a program has been completed, or post-approval CE, the following application along with documentation of the activity and a $15 fee per program must be submitted to CRCC for review.
View or Print CVE/CWA/CCAA Post-Approval CE Application
For organizations interested in providing continuing education programs, go to CE Providers Page.