Extend the vocational rehabilitation process with supplementary treatment modalities to provide the necessary framework and tools to help maximize vocational skill-building specific to individuals with Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI).
Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) causes deficits in overall functioning and can have a profound impact on employment. In fact, many individuals with TBI, from mild to severe, have difficulty finding and maintaining employment. Through a critical evaluation of recreation and leisure activities, and their direct benefits to the TBI individual, rehabilitation counselors can incorporate a unique approach to maximize vocational outcomes for their TBI clients. These complementary treatment modalities - the effective use of recreation and leisure activities - may contribute to greater self-efficacy, mastery, and intrinsic motivation.
In analyzing the needs of clients who are post-TBI, this course uses the foundation of Transferable Skills Analysis (TSA) to then conduct activity analysis, to simultaneously optimize both vocational skill-building and vocational outcomes. Through combining activity and job analysis, you’ll pinpoint skills that are utilized both in recreation and leisure activities and in the employment setting. New learning is then applied to three different TBI case scenarios - mild, moderate, and severe.
You'll enhance your rehabilitation counseling process as you select, analyze, and modify recreation and leisure activities with the client’s intended vocational goals in mind.
Leah Cox Thomas, MS, CRC, LRT/CTRS (click here for Ms. Thomas' bio)
Eileen Burker, PhD, CRC (click here for Dr. Burker's bio)
At the end of this course, there will be a final examination. Once successfully completed, CE credit will be awarded.
CE CREDIT / CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
7 clock hours of CE will be awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
- For CRCs: CE credits will post automatically to your "My CE Report."
- For CCRCs, CVEs, CWAs, CCAAs: If you would like your CE credits added to your "My CE Report" - please contact us at email@example.com. There is no additional charge for this service.
- For all other certifications or licenses: Please download your Certificate of Completion.
IF YOU LIKE THIS COURSE, YOU SHOULD ALSO TAKE:
- Ethics: Wellness and Self-Care
- Job Placement Provision: Key Factors and Challenges
- Motivational Interviewing and Individual Placement and Support Tools
- Resilience and Disability
- Transition: Creating a Career-Exploration Curriculum