About CRC Certification
The CRC Certification: It Makes a Difference
The Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC) is the world’s largest rehabilitation counseling organization dedicated to improving the lives of individuals with disabilities.
Since 1974, CRCC has set the standard for competent delivery of quality rehabilitation counseling services through its nationally accredited and internationally recognized Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) certification program.
The CRC Credential
- The CRC is the premier credential designed specifically for rehabilitation counselors. CRCC developed its credentialing process in an effort to enhance the quality of services delivered to individuals with disabilities.
- Rehabilitation Counselors who earn the designation of CRC must meet stringent eligibility requirements, including advanced education and work experience specific to serving individuals with disabilities. They must also pass the CRC Examination.
- Once certified, CRCs must adhere to a rigid Code of Professional Ethics for Rehabilitation Counselors.
- CRCs must also demonstrate an ongoing commitment to lifelong learning by renewing their certification every 5 years through continuing education or re-examination. Participation in continuing education ensures that all CRCs continue to expand their skills.
- CRCs stay current on leading edge changes within the field such as medical advancements, assistive technology applications, changes in employment law, and workplace and communications advancements.
Accredited by NCCA
Accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA), the CRC certification program aids in the assurance that certificants meet nationally accepted standards of quality in their practice and have the requisite educational and professional background. Learn more about NCCA Accreditation
CRCC is committed to the continuous improvement and updating of the research which forms the foundation of the CRC Exam, as well as the techniques used to validate the exam through its administration. The certification process is built upon 40 years of empirical research on the competencies and job functions that are vital to the counselor’s performance. A passing score on the CRC certification exam ensure that applicants meet nationally-accepted, key competency standards based on current practice in the field.
Benefits of CRC Certification
- Earning your CRC certification means you possess a marketable and valued credential that distinguishes you from other counseling professionals.
- CRC certification also establishes a recognizable point of differentiation with employers and clients who value an advanced level of specialized education and training, an adherence to rigid standards of ethical practice, and an ongoing commitment to lifelong learning.
The CRC credential can lead to job placements, job advancement, salary advancement, and referrals from medical and non-medical professionals.