To maintain certification, CRCs and CCRCs must renew their certification every 5 years via continuing education or re-examination (CRCs only).
Continuing Education (CE)
The continuing education requirement mandates the following:
- 100 hours of continuing education – including a minimum of 10 hours in Ethics - must be completed within the current five-year period.
- Although professional development is NOT a requirement, if you take continuing education that falls in the area of professional development, a maximum of 50 hours out of the required 100 hours.
- CRCs/CCRCs must also ensure that all CE activities for certification renewal fall within one or more designated Focus Areas outlined in the CRC/CCRC Criteria for Certification Renewal and Continuing Education Manual. Visit the CE Providers page for more details.
- All CE must be submitted through the CRCC Online Portal.
- Completion dates of CE hours (CEUs) submitted for the current renewal cycle MUST fall within certificant's current five-year period.
- It is highly recommended that certificants submit continuing education hours as they are completed.
- CRCC reviews all CRC/CCRC continuing education submissions for eligibility towards certification renewal.
Refer to specific information regarding CE criteria, documentation, and submission as detailed in CRC/CCRC Criteria for Certification Renewal and Continuing Education.
CRC/CCRC CE Guide
The CRC/CCRC Continuing Education Guide is a helpful checklist that highlights the types of programs and activities that qualify for CRC/CCRC CE credit as well as the corresponding number of CE hours. It also provides money-saving tips to help minimize continuing education costs. CRCs/CCRCs are encouraged to use the Guide both for planning their CE programs and to check for completed activities that may already qualify for CE credits.
CE from CRCC
CRCC's own brand of quality, affordable, convenient online continuing education.
- Course Catalog offers relevant, real world content developed and taught by experts in the field.
- Annual Savings Plan saves 40% on course rates plus provides a coupon for 2 clock hours of CE FREE!
- All CRCC e-UNIVERSITY courses are pre-approved for all CRCC certifications.
- For CRCs, CE is posted automatically - no paperwork and no submission fees!
- For CCRCs, CE posts upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org. There's no additional charge for this service.
CE from Other Vendors
Pre-approved CE programs have been reviewed and approved by CRCC as qualifying for CE credit in advance. As such, pre-approved CE programs require less documentation without submission fees. It is incumbent upon each CRC/CCRC to verify that CE programs have been pre-approved by CRCC. Pre-Approved CE must be submitted through the CRCC Online Portal.
CRCC will also approve continuing education activities for CRCs/CCRCs on a post-attendance basis. Such post-approval programs require a $15 fee per program. To secure CRCC approval after a program has been completed, submit an online Post-Approval CE Application along with documentation of the activity and the $15 fee per program review fee. Post-Approved CE must be submitted through the CRCC Online Portal.
For information concerning different categories of post-approval of CE credits, click here to view the Required Documentation.
Providers with Pre-Approved CE Programs
CRCC's list of Continuing Education (CE) Providers with Pre-Approved Programs can be accessed below. The list features providers that offer one or more programs that have been reviewed and approved by CRCC as qualifying for CRC/CCRC CE credit. For more information visit the CE Providers page.