To maintain certification, CRCs and CCRCs must renew their certification every 5 years via continuing education or re-examination (CRCs only).
Continuing Education (CE)
The continuing education requirement mandates the following:
- 100 hours of continuing education – including a minimum of 10 hours in Ethics - must be completed within the current five-year period.
- Although professional development is NOT a requirement, if you take continuing education that falls in the area of professional development, a maximum of 50 hours out of the required 100 hours.
- CRCs/CCRCs must also ensure that all CE activities for certification renewal fall within one or more designated Focus Areas outlined in the CRC/CCRC Criteria for Certification Renewal and Continuing Education Manual. Login to My Account and view CE Providers page which can be found under My Account Links.
- All CE must be submitted through the CRCC website (see My Account).
- Completion dates of CE hours (CEUs) submitted for the current renewal cycle MUST fall within certificant's current five-year period.
- It is highly recommended that certificants submit continuing education hours as they are completed.
- CRCC reviews all CRC/CCRC continuing education submissions for eligibility towards certification renewal.
Refer to specific information regarding CE criteria, documentation, and submission as detailed in CRC/CCRC Criteria for Certification Renewal and Continuing Education.
CE from Other Vendors
Pre-approved CE programs have been reviewed and approved by CRCC as qualifying for CE credit in advance. As such, pre-approved CE programs require less documentation without submission fees. It is incumbent upon each CRC/CCRC to verify that CE programs have been pre-approved by CRCC. Pre-Approved CE must be submitted through the My CE Report (access this using CRCCConnect).
Please note: If you are seeking pre-approved ethics credit, please confirm with the provider that their course meets the CRCC ethics requirement before you enroll.
CRCC will also approve continuing education activities for CRCs/CCRCs on a post-attendance basis. Such post-approval programs require a $18 fee per program. To secure CRCC approval after a program has been completed, submit an online Post-Approval CE Application along with documentation of the activity and the $18 fee per program review fee. Post-Approved CE must be submitted through the My CE Report link on your My Account page. Note: post-approved activities will be deleted from the CE Report if review fees have not been paid within 45 days of being submitted.
For information concerning different categories of post-approval of CE credits, please see the CRC/CCRC Criteria for Certification Renewal and Continuing Education Manual.
Featured CE Providers
The following CE Providers have paid a fee to be listed directly on this website. This listing does not guarantee that the organizations have applied for pre-approval of all of their continuing education courses, seminars, or conferences. This list is provided by CRCC as an additional service to CRCs and CCRCs and is not meant as an endoresement of the programs or services the organization provides.
Company: Academy of Spinal Cord Injury Professionals
Company: American Schools Association
Contact Name: Carl M. Dye
Address: PO Box 577820, Chicago, IL 60657-7820
Phone Number: 773-782-0046 or 800-230-2263
Fax Number: 773-782-0113
E-Mail Address: email@example.com
Web Site: http://www.asaceu.com
Company: CareerSmart Learning
Contact Name: Diana Bravo
Address: 2601 Saturn Street, Suite 300, Brea, CA 92821
Phone Number: 877-479-7338
Fax Number: 877-992-0191
E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: http://careersmart.com/product-category/crc/
Company: Stout Vocational Rehabilitation Institute
Company: Traumatic Brain Injury Resource Center
Providers with Pre-Approved CE Programs
CRCC's list of Continuing Education (CE) Providers with Pre-Approved Programs can be accessed below. The list features providers that offer one or more programs that have been reviewed and approved by CRCC as qualifying for CRC/CCRC CE credit. For more information visit the CE Providers page.