CRCC Amnesty Program for CCRCs
The CCRC certification demonstrates a commitment to upholding high professional standards.
Beginning July 1, 2020, the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC) will offer a one-time CCRC Amnesty Program to formerly certified professionals still active in the field who would like to reinstate certification. CRCC acknowledges that certain life changing events sometimes make it challenging to maintain the credential. It is CRCC’s intent to bring expired CCRCs back to the rehabilitation counseling profession.
The CCRC credential will not be retroactive. The recertified person will begin a new five-year certification cycle and must meet the renewal requirements going forward.
AMNESTY BY REINSTATEMENT PROGRAM
Expired CCRCs between March 2015 – March 31, 2020
Amnesty by Reinstatement will run from July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021.
- Former CCRCs, with a graduate degree, in good standing prior to your lapsed CCRC certification.
- Provide proof of active engagement in work relevant to the certification being pursued in the last 3 years
- No continuing educational requirement necessary
- Provide proof of active engagement; complete verification form of services delivered
- The proof of active engagement form must be completed and signed by your employer, supervisor, or someone who has contracted with you for services.
- You must review the attestation statement and sign it before returning it to CRCC.
- The ethical questions must be answered; if you answer "yes" to questions 2 through 7, you must provide additional documentation.
Send the completed forms to CRCC: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once your completed forms have been reviewed, CRCC will contact you to pay the fees:
- $405 Reinstatement Fee
- $140 Amnesty Fee
If you have questions, contact CRCC at: email@example.com