Code of Ethics
The Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC) has adopted a Code of Professional Ethics that covers its vocational assessment professionals - Certified Vocational Evaluation Specialists (CVEs), Certified Work Adjustment Specialists (CWAs), and Certified Career Adjustment Associates (CCAAs).
- Establishes a framework for professional behavior, responsibilities, and expectations applicable to the discipline;
- Defines accepted/acceptable behaviors;
- Provides a benchmark for self-evaluation; and
Promotes the highest levels of professional conduct.
All CVEs/CWAs/CCAAs are required to practice within Code guidelines.
Key components of the CVE/CWA/CCAA Code of Ethics include:
- Professional-Client Relationships
- Professional Responsibility and Competence
- Evaluation, Assessment, and Interpretation
- Teaching, Training, and Supervision
- Professional Relationships
- Resolution of Ethical Dilemmas
- Research and Publication
- Business Practices
Code of Professional Ethics for CVEs/CWAs/CCAAs
Effective January 1, 2008
CVE/CWA/CCAA Grievance Process
The CRCC takes its responsibility to the community and its CVE/CWA/CCAA Code of Ethics very seriously. All individuals who wish to file a grievance or complaint against a certified vocational assessment professional who they perceive has violated the Code of Professional Ethics, are asked to follow the Guidelines and Procedures for Processing Complaints. All grievances are reviewed fully by the CRCC Ethics Committee. Appropriate actions are taken as deemed necessary through an Ethics hearing process, including possible certification suspension and revocation.