Provide strategies for rehabilitation counselors to engage employers as they advocate for hiring and retaining people with disabilities.
- Demonstrate to employers the benefits of hiring people with disabilities and complying with the ADA.
- Evaluate and recommend methods for recruiting and on-boarding in the hiring of people with disabilities.
- Analyze accommodation options for employees with disabilities and identify appropriate retention strategies.
- Assist employers in maximizing policies and procedures related to their employees with disabilities.
Rehabilitation professionals can improve employment outcomes for people with disabilities by highlighting the benefits to employers’ businesses while utilizing the marketing strategy of a “quick pitch.”
Debra Scholten, CRC, LPC (click here for Ms. Scholten's bio)
A knowledge check quiz is included at the end of each course unit. Once the knowledge check quizzes have been successfully completed, CE credit will be awarded.
IF YOU LIKE THIS COURSE, YOU SHOULD ALSO TAKE:
- Job Placement Provision: Key Factors and Challenges
- Maximizing Workplace Disability Inclusion
- Principles of Case Management in the State/Federal Vocational Rehabilitation Setting
- Transition: Creating a Career-Exploration Curriculum
- Vocational Evaluation: What Do You Want to Know?