The Importance of the CRC Credential ...
With comprehensive knowledge, expert skill, and hands-on experience specific to disability, Certified Rehabilitation Counselors - CRCs, drive results for you and your company including:
- Improved outcomes;
- Increased ROI;
- Improved risk management; and,
- Assistance in recruiting, retaining, and retraining.
For Employees and Clients with Disabilities
CRCs possess the specialized knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to collaborate in a professional relationship with people who have physical, mental, developmental, cognitive and/or emotional disabilities. With a holistic approach that includes individualized job assessment, accommodations, and support, CRCs remove barriers to restore functionality, ensuring the most productive return to work.
Hiring a CRC
The designation of CRC is a respected, well-recognized credential for individuals who provide rehabilitation counseling services, establishing for you, a standard level of competency for employee hiring and evaluation.
By hiring a CRC, you are assured that the employee:
- Has demonstrated specialized knowledge in working with individuals with disabilities to achieve their personal, social, psychological and vocational goals.
- Adheres to the highest professional and ethical standards, including the Code of Professional Ethics for Rehabilitation Counselors.
- Has met respected national standards for rehabilitation counseling.
- Is committed to continuous learning and upgrading of skills.
Click on each title to access, view and dowload.
CRCs and Disability - Driving Results for You and Your Company
Important factors and dynamics on how CRCs make a difference by making disability work in the workplace.
Rehabilitation Counseling Scope of Practice
Identifies the knowledge and skills required for effective rehabilitation counseling services and, therefore, the level of commitment an employer can expect from CRCs.