Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC)
Information We Collect.
- Personally Identifiable Information: We may collect information that identifies you (“Personally Identifiable Information”) when you interact and provide such information on our Sites such as, but not limited to, when applying for certification or recertification, registering for a CRCC event or program, or purchasing CRCC products or services. The types of Personally Identifiable Information collected on our Sites will vary based on the Services offered on the Sites, but may include, among other things, your name, address(s), phone number(s), birth date, billing and delivery information, email address(s), credit card or other financial account information.
- Non-Personal Data: As you interact on our Sites, we may also collect information that is not Personally Identifiable Information but may disclose other aspects of your browsing history or certain other information about you through the use of a variety of technologies, including, but not limited to, cookies, tags, Internet Protocol (IP) address tracking/URL tracking, and other tools. “Cookies” are pieces of code/text that gets placed on your computer when you browse our Sites. Cookies may be placed by us or third party vendors contracted by us. “Tags” refer to code scripts that are primarily used to track visitors’ activities on our Sites by web analytics software. The types of non-personal data collected on our Sites through the use of these, and other tools as CRCC may add from time to time, may include but are not necessarily limited to: the search terms you used, new or returning user, browser information, computer type, operating system, internet service providers, website usage, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, number of clicks, ads viewed. Additionally, cookies, tags, web beacons and other tools placed by third parties may collect other information about you such as, but not limited to, your industry, company size, job function, seniority level (collectively, all of the foregoing data the “Non-Personal Data”).
How We Use and Share Personally Identifiable Information. Once collected, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information in a variety of ways including (but not limited to):
- Provide service communications such as certification renewal reminders, bill reminders, order confirmations, program offerings and registrations, and customer service messages;
- Answer your emails or online requests;
- Deliver and process surveys;
- Personalize and improve the usability of the Sites;
- Fulfill and/or deliver CRCC courses, products and services;
- Publish certificant directories and registration lists as described below;
- Sharing with certain other companies to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you as described below;
- Sharing with third parties as required by law or to protect CRCC as described below; and/or
- Sharing your Email Address as permitted under CRCC Email Policy as described below.
Publication of Your Personally Identifiable Information for Certificant Directories and Registration Lists. The Personally Identifiable Information you provide may be published on the Sites and in print or digital form in a variety of ways to allow other professionals and the public to find you, including, but not limited to, certificant directories and lists, and other types of registration lists for CRCC programs and events (“Directory Lists”). Directory Lists will not include sensitive information, such as credit card or bank information or birth dates. Users may request their information be suppressed from Directory Lists by contacting CRCC at email@example.com.
Sharing your Personally Identifiable Information to Fulfill Product or Service Requests. When fulfilling product or service requests initiated by you, we may share your Personally Identifiable Information with certain third parties to fulfill the requests.
Sharing your Personally Identifiable Information with Certain Other Companies. At the time of initial exam application, individuals have the opportunity to allow their personal contact information to be provided by CRCC to outside organizations for a variety of possible uses, including to providers of continuing education in conjunction with their desire to advertise their offerings and to researchers in conjunction with their research projects. Individuals may opt-out of third party information sharing at any time by contacting CRCC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sharing Your Personally Identifiable Information When Legally Necessary or to Protect CRCC’s interests. CRCC may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on CRCC; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of CRCC; or (c) protect the personal safety of CRCC personnel or members of the public in appropriate circumstances.
CRCC Email Policy. If you have received an email or postal mail from CRCC, it was generated in one of several ways:
- You have expressly provided your email address to us for the purpose of receiving future information such as, but not limited to, newsletters and press releases.
- You have registered or otherwise have a previous relationship with us.
By providing your email address to us, you may receive future email from CRCC. If you wish to cease receiving email from us, contact CRCC at email@example.com. CRCC does use email as a primary mode of communication with applicants and certificants. By opting to cease email communications from CRCC, we cannot guarantee timely receipt of notices regarding certification.
How We May Use and Share Non-Personal Data. Through the use of various technological tools, we may collect Non-Personal Data to improve the usability of our Sites/Services and for other business reasons. We may share the Non-Personal Data we collect with third parties or permit third parties to place tools like cookies, tags, web beacons and other tools on your computer to collect additional Non-Personal Data when you browse our Sites. We or other third party companies may then use the Non-Personal Data to provide advertisements and targeted advertisements to you (ads based on the Non-Personal Data). We do not share Personally Identifiable Information with third parties to whom we share your Non-Personal Data. Please note that you may be subject to the privacy policies of other non-CRCC companies when you hit an advertising link or other link that takes you to sites not operated by CRCC.
Canada Anti-Spam Law (CASL). CRCC complies with CASL. Non-certificants who have provided us a Canadian email address will not receive unauthorized Commercial Electronic Messages (CEMs as defined under CASL) unless these individuals have opted-in to receive CEMs.
Information Security. CRCC implements commercially reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. We restrict access to personal information to certain companies who may need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals or partner organizations are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Username and Password. Certain areas of the Sites may require the use of a username and/or password as an additional security measure that helps protect your information. To help you protect your privacy, the CRCC Sites have clear tools to help you log in and log out.
Last updated July 12, 2018