Facilitate improved communication between rehabilitation counselors and vocational evaluators by focusing on how referral questions are asked and answered.
Rehabilitation counselors and vocational evaluators are key members of a consumer’s rehabilitation team. When these professionals work in tandem with the consumer, the process of rehabilitation is effective and efficient.
Through case studies presented, you will enhance your ability to:
- Classify referral questions by service-related topics and types;
- Compose referral questions to obtain specific information for case planning (e.g., queries unique to a consumer’s work situation); and
- Analyze answers as they relate to responsiveness, specificity and usability, and the satisfaction of the rehabilitation counselor, consumer, and evaluator.
Steven R. Sligar, EdD, CVE, PVE (click here for Dr. Sligar's bio)
Create and revise 9 service-related questions and 5 specific types of referral questions for the case studies in the course. There are also 4 Knowledge Checks included in the course. Once successfully completed, CE credit will be awarded.
IF YOU LIKE THIS COURSE, YOU SHOULD ALSO TAKE:
- Employer Engagement
- Have You Considered Assistive Technology?
- Job Placement Provision: Key Factors and Challenges
- Motivational Interviewing and Individual Placement and Support Tool
- Principles of Case Management in the State/Federal Vocational Rehabilitation Setting
- Transition: Creating a Career-Exploration Curriculum
- TBI: Optimizing Vocational Rehabilitation Through Recreation and Leisure
- Using DSM-5 and ICF Tools to Understand Client Cultural and Environmental Perspectives
- Vocational Rehabilitation Case Management Issues and Strategies